Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Alexis's First Wedding

So we are heading to Florida this weekend for a long weekend. We will be attending a wedding near Orlando first before making our way down to Naples for a few days. I was beginning to think that summer was here a few days ago but just when I start getting excited, I remember that I now live in Ohio and it doesn't get warm until June. I keep telling myself I will learn one of these days. Anyway, Alexis is going to the flower girl in the wedding and she is so excited. I just hope that she cooperates. She is a little on the shy side these days. Well I guess she has been shy for the majority of her life. We are just very clingy lately. When Alexis is in a new situation or around people she doesn't know, she puts her arm over her eyes and "hides" because no one can see her then. We keep talking about what she will need to do and how she gets to throw flowers and doesn't even have to pick them up. I would think that would make any toddler want to do this. We are also ready to bribe her too. She will do absolutely anything for m&m's so we'll have to see if we need to resort to this. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have a melt down. I will hopefully have several good pictures no that we have a new camera.

3 comments:

the youngbergs said...

Oh my gosh, I can feel your anxiety now!! Just remember, anything she does, whether she throws a fit, hides, or runs down the aisle like an angel....everyone will love it and she will still be adorable!! But for you.....wear extra deodorant for all the sweating you might do!

OSU 98 said...

Its all about proper, prior planning and manipulation of the situation - since you have a stockpile of MM's, sounds like you have it covered.

The Monroes said...

I repeat what CP says, no matter what happens she will be adorable and everyone will love it. Try not to worry and take a lot of pictures!!!