Friday, April 18, 2008

Poutty Face

Alexis has learned the art of pouting in the recent days. I think she has known about this for a while but now she has learned the appropriate times to use it. Just tonight Dean was having an ice cream bar and Alexis asked for a bite. Since she had just finished her same dessert about 20 minutes early, Dean said no. Alexis then proceeded to tell Dean to "share". I guess she's right in a sense. We do tell her to share everything that she has with others. Not two seconds later, she crosses her arms and turns up her bottom lip and then proceeds to pout. I can remember so clearly when I used to pout when I didn't get my way. I guess I probably still use it sometimes. I wish I had my camera because the face that she gave was too funny. I may have to break down and get a new one here soon if I can't find my other one.

5 comments:

caxline said...

did she come running to you crying..."mommy, daddy won't share?"

The Monroes said...

I can remember clearly when you used to pout too...and you were in college! The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree my friend! I bet she is going to be better than you at it ;) Just give her what she wants...there is no harm in that right?

Alexis said...

What are you talking about pouting Natalie??????? I would never do that.

the youngbergs said...

I can vividly picture a 20-year-old Megs with crossed arms and a pouty lip. I remember it well...I think there's a pouty voice that goes with it too. Sorry Megs, I must concur with Nat!

The Monroes said...

Thank you CP, I knew I wasn't making that up! Hugs and kisses Megs.