Monday, April 7, 2008

Nana Visits

Nana came into town this past week for a few days and got to hang out with Alexis. She was planning on coming for an entire week but unfortunately the flights didn't work out for her. Only sometimes is this flying standby convenient. Anyway, we all had a great time. Alexis and Nana spent Thursday and Friday reading all of the books in Alexis's room. I think this kid has well over 200 books. With my mom being a teacher, she is destined to be an avid reader. They also got to play with Alexis's doll house and her favorite game, hide-n-seek.
On Saturday, we of course did some shopping and we took Alexis to see a movie while Dean played in a volleyball tournament all day. We saw "Horton Hears a Who". This was a very cute movie and one that held even my attention the entire time. Kids movies these days have more adult humor in them.
Later that night my mom helped me go through my entire closet and clean out all my outdated clothes that no longer look good. I think I've finally gotten rid of most of the clothes from high school. I guess I'm kind of a pack rat. I say "you never know when you're going to need that". Anyway, we were able to fill up about five bags for goodwill and I have a big stack of clothes to take to the consignment store. I've done the consignment thing a couple of times and it's a nice bonus to receive extra money in the mail for clothes you no longer wear. I have a stack of about 50 things to take this time. Hopefully they'll keep most of them.
On Sunday, we just did some last minute running around. Then after dinner we had to take mom to the airport. We wish she could have stayed longer but she had to get back to school. I would have taken some pictures but I can't seem to locate my camera. Hence the reason I haven't put much on my blog lately. Well I'll keep searching and hope to find it soon.

3 comments:

The Monroes said...

Will the consignment store take your sweet 10 speed from college??? You never know when you will have to "drive thru" a taco bell at 1am on that sweet ride. I am glad your mom got to come out and visit, sounds like a fun time.

OSU 98 said...

Its OK to let go of the jeans you wore your junior year is HS. The rest of us hate you for the fact that you probably still fit into them, but we will forgive you for that and go find you a pair of low rider, in style jeans that may cover your booty after you have worn them a few times to stretch them out. :)

the youngbergs said...

Please tell me you have your powder blue Schwinn still....that thing should be stored in a safe place and respected for years to come!!!