Sunday, March 30, 2008

Where's Daddy?

Alexis and I have been spending a lot of quality one on one time together lately. Dean left for a trip last Wednesday morning and won't be returning home until Tuesday morning sometime. He's been flying a lot in the past few weeks/months. We've been having a great time but I don't know how often we can do these weeks alone. We both miss daddy and can't wait until he comes home. Do you ever feel like you've run out of things to do around the house with your kids? I've been racking my brain trying to be a creative parent but sometimes on the weekend all I want to do is relax in front of the tv and not worry about anything. I know Alexis has more than enough toys to keep her busy and she is playing by herself more often. I do however feel bad when she asks me to read her favorite books for the umteenth time and I just don't feel like it. At least when Dean is home, we can split the reading/playing time. Needless to say, I think we're both ready for daddy to come home. I have to go now because I think Alexis is now trying to get into something that she shouldn't be getting into.

3 comments:

the youngbergs said...

I do feel that way sometimes. You are not alone! It is so hard to be "on" 100% of the time and not feel guilty when we aren't on our game. Take deep breaths and tiny breaks when you can....hurry home Dean!!

The Scotts said...

I sympathize with you. Hang in there!! Dean will be home soon!

The Monroes said...

You are definitely NOT alone...Those days by yourself can be very long sometimes. Also with the weather breaking soon, it will be better to get outside and play, that is always a plus for me and Naomi!