Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BooBoo Bear

I don't know how many of you out there know just what a klutz I am but unfortunately my daughter got that short end of the stick. Ever since she was a little baby she has been falling down consistently with more bruises than I think I've ever had. Needless to say, the other night Alexis and I were next door visiting our neighbors and she was upstairs with their son Tyler watching a movie. We just happened to be downstairs talking when "bang". It sounded like an entire bookcase fell down onto the hardwood floor. And no, there was no bookcase. It was just my daughters forehead. As soon as I heard the bang and then a scream and tears, I knew it was my child. Her poor forehead. She had a knot the size of a small tangerine and it was already black. She was a trooper and stopped crying right away asking for her booboo bear. That seems to make everything better. She actually sat with me for about five minutes and let me put ice on it. We made it home in one piece and it was getting close to bedtime. Dean was out of town and I let Alexis stay in my room for a little while so I could keep an eye on her and make sure she wasn't going to have a concussion or anything. She seemed to be ok. I think it was sometime in the middle of the night and I was awoken to another bang and yet more crying. Yes, my daughter seemed to fall out of our bed and onto the floor. She was all right but it really got me thinking about a plastic bubble for her next birthday. Alexis had one tough day but seemed to be back to normal in the morning. I can only imagine what I'm in for since she's so much like me. Many many more bruises I'm sure.

2 comments:

The Monroes said...

Well if she is like her mommy she is one lucky girl...because I never met someone as good at "everything" as you are. A total natural athlete, so maybe you are a little clumsy but you are graceful and agile when it counts!!

the youngbergs said...

Keep her away from ATVs for as long as possible...especially those in Hawaii.