Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Golf Outing

This past weekend was our 6th annual Titas golf outing. We all had a blast. Every year we round up as many family and friends as we can and play a scramble. This year we had 84 golfers and played at a course on the West side. My parents were able to come up and visit and my dad picked up his clubs after a few years and played too. Following the golf, we all head back to Dean's sister's house for a gyro party. Being gyro lovers that we are, Dean's whole family decided it would be a good idea to by a vertical broiler to cook the gyro meat. And let me tell you, I was skeptical at first but now I'm as big a fan as any. We've had this cooker for a few years now and it's always a big hit. I don't know what it is but the gyros are just soooo tasty. I'm already looking forward to another party next year.

2 comments:

The Monroes said...

I swear I am going to get up there for one of those gyros one of these years! Sorry to have missed out, sounds like a great time.

the youngbergs said...

Wow! That's quite a group! Did you shut down the course! I would love to take part in that....is cheating allowed?