Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A few new words

Well Alexis has become much more talkative lately. It's pretty neat to be able to carry on a conversation with her, well as much as you can with a 2 year old. It's quite funny to hear her explain her day at school. She loves to talk about playing with her friends and painting and playing outside. Recently, Alexis has taken on a few new words. She has become very interested in the female anatomy. She has been referring to ladies "boobs" as pillows now. It's really hard not to laugh as she's poking you in the chest and going "these are pillows mommy". I can thank Aunt Mary for that one. She now goes around trying to touch everyone's pillows and we have to keep on her about not touching people there. She's a little parrot--don't touch pillows mommy. I have to admit that this can be embarrassing while in public. Alexis does seem to understand a slight difference between men and women. Instead of having pillows, Daddy has pecs. I don't know what's better; having her run around with her shirt up saying "look at my pillows", or "look at my pecs". I must say I need to get this on video, you know for some blackmail when she's older.

2 comments:

The Monroes said...

I am dying, I cannot wait to have those conversations with Naomi! When all else fails just pretend you didn't hear her, or act like she is someone else's kid. Works like a charm!

the youngbergs said...

I love it! So, I guess when she's ready for a bra she can call them pillow cases???