Thursday, June 7, 2007

The night of no sleep

Tuesday night was no fun. Alexis picked up the flu and it struck about midnight. Sometimes she'll wake up in the middle of the night and I'll just let her cry herself back to sleep. I tried this on Tuesday only she didn't stop crying. I then got up to get her after about 5 minutes only to find Alexis sitting on a wet vomit soaked mattress. I got her to the bathroom and cleaned up. It took all I had not to throw up myself. Dean was home so he had the job of changing the sheets. After that was done, we attempted to put her back to bed. Alexis was not going to let that happen. We brought her in with us; a no no from what I hear. She then proceeded to get sick in our bed. Dean tried to grab her and run her into the bathroom but was not quick enough and there was a trail all over the carpet and of course on my dry clean only pillow cases. (Why is anything dry clean only???? Ughhhhhh!!!) Of all the room there was for a mess, it had to be on my pillows. By this time it was going on 3am. I now only have about 3 hours of sleep in store for me. After about three more trips to the bathroom, Dean took Alexis and her mattress downstairs while he slept on the couch so I could get some sleep. That was very much appreciated. Luckily Dean and I have not gotten sick. (Knocking on wood)

3 comments:

Meemee said...

Um, isn't this the forum for you to tell us CUTE stories about the girl?? Glad she got it out of her system before your trip...heehee. :)

The Monroes said...

I hope Alexis is feeling better, good for Dean for letting you get a little shut eye!

cpy said...

Poor baby!!! Don't worry; I document these experiences as well....they're funny (in hindsight, anyway)!