Sunday, June 3, 2007

Go Cavs!!!!

So I don't know if any of you follow NBA basketball at all; I mean since Michael Jordan retired and all. I didn't really follow it anymore until recently. I have jumped on the bandwagon along with half the city of Cleveland. Well the Cavs pulled out an amazing upset this weekend beating the Pistons. Dean and I were lucky enough to have tickets to the game with our buddy Ron. Boy what a game. The atmosphere was amazing; especially after the game. The streets were filled with drunk people chest bumping and yelling profanities at Detroit fans making their way back to their cars. I'm pretty sure those Detroit fans deserved every bit of harrassment that they received. The papers were saying there were more than 100,000 fans downtown (there was an Indians game going on too). It really felt like old times down in Columbus after playing Michigan. Very exciting. We begin the Finals with the Spurs on Thursday and hopefully next week will be attending both games here in Cleveland. For those of you who will be watching, go Cavs.

2 comments:

cpy said...

Totally loving it, totally loving LeBron. I jumped on the bandwagon with the Golden State Warriors until they were eliminated....now it's Go Cavs!!!!

The Monroes said...

I love watching it also- so nice to have a hometown team in. You didn't light any cars on fire did you Megs??
Oh and watch out for knee knocker bullets!