Saturday, August 1, 2009

Baby Emily Has Arrived!!!

The Titas family was graced with the arrival of Emily Grace Titas on Thursday, July 30th. Yes that so happens to be mommy's birthday too. She weighed in at a whopping 5lbs. 14oz. and was 19.5 inches long. Just a week early too. Labor and delivery were smooth as can be. I woke up Thursday morning around 4am to my water breaking and headed off to the hospital a little later. My contractions started once I got to the hospital and my epideral couldn't have come fast enough. I did have to wait until around 8 or so though. I think I felt enough of the contractions in those two hours to last me a lifetime. Anyway, once my epidural was started, I was all smiles again. Labor moved on very quickly at that time. I was already 10cm by 10:30 so we had to get the doctor quickly. I had to push a whole 3 times before she entered the world. After the first push, the doctor told me to stop so she could put her catching equipment on. Once she was ready, two more pushes and out she popped. Boy if every birth could only be that easy. I know there are many women out there cursing me but I really can't complain. Anyway, we are all doing well. Here are a few pictures of the first days.




3 comments:

The Tuckers said...

Congratulations! She is precious!

OSU 98 said...

Congrats Meaghan, Dean and Alexis!!!

The Monroes said...

She is beautiful! I love all the hair!