Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Buckeye Weekend

About a week and a half ago we were able to take Alexis down to her very first Ohio State Game. That was the weekend we played Troy state. My parents were in town and we all had a great time. The weather was perfect, the Buckeyes played better than they did the week before and we got to see some of mommy's friends. Alexis got her hands on a pom pom and was cheering the entire game. She even got into it and was yelling "Go Defense". She still doesn't know the difference between offense and defense though as she was yelling "go defense" even when we had the ball. At least the fans gave her a little slack since she is only three. The part about sporting events that Alexis loves the best is the food. She knows that the stadium has hotdogs and soda and candy. We even introduced her to dots. She would only let me have a few bites before she told me "these are mine mommy and you can get your own". Ok little miss thing. Anyway on our way back to Cleveland we made our stops at Grinders and then Graeters for dessert. I really look forward to those two places. They were both as good as I remember. Here are a few pictures of our weekend.



Nana and Papa on our walk to the stadium


Mommy and Alexis in our seats before the game


"Go Defense", I mean "Go Offense"!!!


Daddy and Alexis outside of the stadium


Alexis reading her books on our drive down
to Columbus.

5 comments:

The Monroes said...

I am sorry we missed you guys! Alexis is so cute sitting with her legs crossed in her car seat. She is big time.

(PS, since I am getting so old, I can barely see your print since it is in white... sorry speaking for the elderly here!)

The Quisenberrys said...

Good seeing you and your parents! I love that they still love coming back to campus!! Alexis is a little woman. She is getting so big!

Alexis said...

Ok "granny" Kratzer. Is that better??? Can you see now??? It's still white though. HeHeHe:):)

The Monroes said...

Thank you!!! I was just hoping you would change the text color, but I love this even better!! I can see, I can see!!!

cpy said...

My eyes were straining a bit as well...I think this template is much friendlier on the eyes (and you know how blind I am!). Loving Alexis and that picture in her car seat...I see so much of you in her!!