Friday, September 12, 2008

Slacker

I know I'm no good at staying on top of my blog. We've been staying somewhat busy these past couple of weeks. Alexis is back to doing gymnastics but now it's a class where we just drop her off and then pick her up 45 minutes later. I think she was more ready for this than I was. What if I miss her actually do something I haven't seen before? I have to just hear about it rather than actually see it. We also started swim lessons too last night. This class the parents have to stay in the pool with the kids. She really looks forward to this class.
Last weekend Dean and I played in a golf outing on Saturday. Although we didn't win, I did win the longest drive and closet to the pin for the ladies. It's always nice to bring home extra money so we can pay for the babysitter. They sure are expensive these days. We actually have our Titas Golf Outing this Saturday but unfortunately it's supposed to rain all day. I do have some rain gear but I don't know how fun it will be playing in the rain. I did hear a saying once about it never raining on the golf course.
Last Sunday Alexis and I went up to see Nicole and watch Chelsie run through her course. That was pretty neat to see. Alexis loved to watch all the dogs run and jump over the obstacles. Some of those dogs are really fast.
What else......Oh pretty big news. Dean has decided to take a 12 month leave of absence from flying. He is looking to pursue other things. He is really interested in flipping houses. Right now we have one that's almost finished and another one ready to start. I must say he is much happier doing this. The down side is we don't get the travel benefits anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do now. We had planned on going to Florida in December and from the look of ticket prices over the holidays, it looks like we will be driving. We'll have to wait and see. I am really going to miss the travel benefits but I guess it's better to have a happier husband.
I guess that about covers the last few weeks. I will do my best to stay on top of things a little better.

3 comments:

the youngbergs said...

That's a lot of info in one post!!! First, I want to wish Dean the best of luck in this new adventure! I'm sure he will be successful and do great...although you're trading in the travel benefits, I'm sure it'll pay off in dividends elsewhere. Sophie is starting gymnastics as well and just finished up swim lessons for the summer....she is a little fish now! Finally!

OSU 98 said...

Dear Alexis,

Thank you for coming to watch me last weekend. Mom was very relieved that you saw me run on a good run. I also enjoyed the cookies you gave me very much.

Very Sincerely,

Chelsie Belle

The Monroes said...

Wow,that was a lot of info and juicy info too! Good luck Dean and I hope to see you on TV soon "flip that house" maybe...or one of the other ones. Alexis is getting so big it is scary, I agree with your comment on finding the brakes on these kids...it goes so fast!