Sunday, October 12, 2008

From One to Three

Dean and I became parents of 3 children this weekend when we watched our nephews overnight. It sure is eye opening how different times are when there are three children to watch over. Alexis and Andrew played together all day and did pretty well. We didn't even have to break up any arguments, which are far too many these days. Nicholas is only one so he needed a little more attention. We tried to stay busy outside since the weather was nice this weekend and I knew the kids would get more tired out so naps would be a cinch. The kids cooperated and went down for naps pretty easily and Dean and I even got to catch some of the Ohio State game uninterrupted (although there wasn't much to watch that was exciting). Bedtime came and went pretty smoothly as well. I think we were all in bed and asleep by ten. It's amazing how much of your day is consumed with more than one child. I don't think I even got anything done around the house. Oh well, we had a blast and enjoyed our time together. We'd be happy to watch them again. But I can be sure that those parents with twins or more really do have their hands full.

7 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Yikes, Meg, I thought you were going to post you were pregnant with twins. :)

cpy said...

I'm sure you had a very busy weekend with three kids!! I hope you were able to put your feet up tonight! btw----totally love your background and I know I'm legally blind, but can this poor sight-challenged person get a slightly bigger font??? I'm such a brat...but I'm getting paranoid about my vision issues!! You know you love me.

The Monroes said...

Wow 3 kids in one weekend. A little different than one isn't it? Sometimes it can be easier (of course when you can send them back) but then other times it will just wipe you out! Oh and I agree with cp, I have a hard time seeing small font...maybe because i am old. I already told Kelli the same thing too. Please increase the font size for us coke bottle glass wearing people.

Alexis said...

I will do my best to change the font size. I have to admit that I am barely able to change the backgrounds. I have a hard time with this technology sometimes but I'll do my best.

The Quisenberrys said...

Your title scared me.........I thought you were going to announce that you and Dean were pregnant with twins. Whew!?

cpy said...

Alleluia! It's like I have a new set of eyes!!! See how much you can change a person's life??? So much better!

The Monroes said...

I second that!!!! I can see, I can see! Nice work Megs, see we are helping you learn, one step at a time!