Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weekend of Fun



Alexis has been enjoying every day that is warm enough to get outside and get rid of some energy. We've been waiting many many months to do so and we have been taking full advantage of the sunshine. It hasn't been quite warm enough for shorts and t-shirts but at least we can put away our winter parkas, I think. This past weekend Alexis got a new bike. She had been riding a tricycle but seemed to be ready to move up. Also the little boy next door that Alexis plays with every day got a new bike and we seem to have to keep the same toys at both houses to keep the bickering down. You know how well most three year olds share. So anyway, no accidents yet. I know I shouldn't say this but it is bound to happen right? I mean she is my child. We're trying to limit the amount of injuries by enforcing the helmet (when I remember) and not allowing her to wear her crocs while riding her bike. So far so good. Here are a few pictures of Alexis on her new bike. I was really looking for a light blue schwinn but they don't seem to have any in her size. Let me know if you find any. I think Alexis may have my taste.

5 comments:

the youngbergs said...

Doesn't Schwinn make powder blue toddler bikes? Let's keep the tradition going!! She's a cutie and looks so proud to be riding a 2-wheeler!!

The Scotts said...

I bet you if you go back to the thrift shop you dropped it off at..you could probably buy it back!!!

The Monroes said...

You can tell she loves her bike, she is getting so big! I will hit up the thrift store down here and see if I can buy back your old Schwinn- heck maybe they will pay me to take it :) Imagine the joy it will bring Alexis when she is in college!

Alexis said...

HaHaHa. You all are so funny. I think you are just jealous.

Jules said...

i can't believe how quickly she is growing up!