Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The New Godparents




Dean and I recently became godparents for our nephew Nicholas. Typically in the Orthodox Church babies are baptized fairly young so they don't really realize what their crazy parents are doing to them. It is quite a ceremony. First he was completely naked and rubbed with olive oil like he was going to be deep fried. I think Nicholas was pretty much wondering at that point what the heck we were doing to him. Then he was almost completely submerged in a bath of water. Anyone remember "A Big Fat Greek Wedding"? It really is a very nice ceremony. Here are a few pictures of the baptism. Dean and I are both very honored to be godparents and look forward to the many years to come.
(FYI: Alexis was the photographer. Not too bad)

1 comment:

The Monroes said...

First off congrats on being a godparent! Second Alexis is a professional photographer already and third I LOVE your hair! I am glad Naomi didn't have to get nekkkedddd she would have not let me put her clothes back on! She loves wearing her birthday suit.