Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Where has the time gone???

Boy I guess I didn't realize how long it had been since I last blogged. Time sure flies. We haven't been too busy lately. Alexis is finally potty trained, I think. We still have accidents every now and then but I think we've made it over the hill. I think I got as attached to the pull-ups as much as she did. The first time we went out to the store or gymnastics I was a little nervous about any mishaps. I think I asked her about 100 times an hour "Do you have to go to the potty? "Do you have to go potty yet?", "How about now?". I think I may have been a little over the top but oh well. Alexis is still going to gymnastics every week and loving it. I'm definitely looking forward to more sports like soccer and t-ball whenever those may be. I want to try and get her on skis sometime this year. I haven't made any trips home lately but hope to go at the end of the month for a long weekend. I sure could use the break from work and this lovely weather Ohio has to offer. I swear I really need to start looking to move south sometime soon. I am probably the most temperature intolerant person around, except for the geriatric population of course.
Dean has been working a lot lately. I don't know if you realized how much he didn't work last year but I sure did get used to having him around to share the "kid" duty. I think he averaged about 7-8 days of work a month last year. I know it's not fair. It is even harder when I have to get up every morning and he is laying there all cozy and warm. Since when did he get to choose to stay home. I need to rethink this whole working thing. However things have recently changed with his schedule as he is flying charter trips for his company now. They've been very busy with basketball flying teams all over. He actually got to fly Tubby Smith the other day. (FYI: he now coaches at Minnesota) He was gone last week for five days straight and he left again today for a six day trip. I may be bald by the end of the week at the rate Alexis and I are going. I love her to death but man, she sure is busy and at times driving me crazy. Is that bad for a mom to say???? We are currently at the "Why" stage where everything she says is "why mommy?" over and over again. I hope this stage doesn't last too long:)
Today Alexis had her first dentist visit. Everything went well and she sat in the chair all by herself like a big girl. I was so proud of her. The dentist cleaned and polished her teeth and said there were no cavities. Yeah!!!!! I was worried that she was going to scream the entire time. I guess I got lucky this time.
Well I guess we were a little busier than I thought. I will do my best to stay up on my blog a little better.

4 comments:

the youngbergs said...

I smiled while I was reading this entire post because, one, I can totally see you saying these things and it makes me miss you! And two, I totally understand....being a mom is the hardest job in the world and I definitely have my "bald" moments!!

OSU 98 said...

Girl, I am right there with you on the temperature difference. If you need a laugh, check out our blog - it will bring new meaning to the word cold. (chelzvisits.blogspot.com)

We are now nice and warm - $100 later....

The Monroes said...

Good job Alexis on being potty trained!! Tell your mommy to relax on the questions, or she will get them back from you! I TOTALLY get the driving you crazy days...that is all I have to say- isn't a bad thing, it is a human thing (at least I hope so, or we are all in trouble!) Let's move out of this weather, I cannot stand it any longer. I will post this for Kelli (move to cali).

The Scotts said...

Thanks!! You know how I feel.