Monday, February 18, 2008

Gross

I thought this title was only fitting for how my day went on Saturday. Alexis and I started off the day as usual for Saturday mornings. We usually wake up and get ready for gymnastics and then eat breakfast. I should have known something was wrong when she didn't want our milkshake that we usually have. (I'm addicted to those chocolate carnation instant breakfast shakes with peanut butter and a banana added to the mix) We made our way to gymnastics and everything seemed fine. We did our warm up circle time and stretching. She wasn't complaining about her stomach or anything. We were half way through the class and Alexis decided she wanted to be done. I guess this was clue number two that she wasn't feeling well because it's hard to drag her out of the class when it really is over. Since I had yet to clue in to how my daughter was feeling, I thought we'd make our way over to Costco for a few things that we needed around the house. (I love this store by the way) Anyway, we got in the cart and made our way into the store and then the flood gates opened. Alexis started throwing up everywhere. I just stood there with my hands cupped trying to catch what I could. I guess my softball instincts took over. I don't know why I thought I could stop everything from reaching the floor. Needless to say, I made sure someone from costco knew that my kid puked everywhere so no one would slip and fall and made my way to the bathroom. Our coats and pants were covered. I did my best to clean us off but there was only so much I could do with paper towels and automated water shutoffs. If it wasn't 30 degrees, I could have kept our coats off and then we may have been less wet but of course it's winter and we had to wear our smelly wet clothes home. I did pretty well at not gagging the entire time. I felt so bad for Alexis because I practically stripped her of all her clothes. I had her take her coat which was turned inside out to catch anything else that might come up. There is nothing harder than getting that smell out of a car or carpet. I'm very relieved that Alexis waited until we got in the store to explode rather than in the car. I would take the thousand eyes staring at me over cleaning my car out in the dead of winter. The rest of the day was just a lot of laying around and a few movies. Not such a bad end to a terrible morning.

4 comments:

The Scotts said...

The bug is going around. I hope she feels better soon!

The Monroes said...

oh I am so sorry, that stinks for little Alexis and you! The puke catching thing is an acquired instinct I believe when you become a mom... I am glad you didn't have to clean it out of your car, that would have taken forever. Feel better soon Alexis!

OSU 98 said...

That sounds like fun. I remember baby sitting one time and the kid said "I dont feel good"...not 2 seconds later did the explosion start. I stood and stared for about 30 seconds before realizing not only had he puked, it was on the very light carpet...

the youngbergs said...

My oh my, you deserve a medal for going through all of that! Costco is chaotic enough!