Saturday, November 10, 2007

Gymnastics

Alexis started her gymnastics class last weekend. I thought this would be a good way to let her run out some of her extra energy. There are about 12 kids in her class all between 2 and 3 years old. It was pretty neat. There was all the real equipment that you see on tv. I always wondered how the gymnasts were able to jump so high during the floor routine. It is really spongy and feels like some sort of trampoline. It made me feel like trying some flips and round offs. I opted not to since I didn't want to make a trip to the hospital. At first, Alexis was not too sure about this whole tumbling thing. Once she warmed up, it was hard to leave when it was time to go. She learned how to do somersaults and swing on the high bar. There was a trampoline and a balance beam too. I think I had as much fun as Alexis did and we are both looking forward to the next several weeks. I'll try and snap a few pictures at the next session.

4 comments:

The Monroes said...

I cannot wait to see pictures, I think I need to enroll Naomi in some as well, I am sure it is a good way to burn off some of that energy. Maybe we can find a way to transfer it to us, or to run vehicles...

OSU 98 said...

If we could harness the energy of children, the world power crisis would be solved. :)

the youngbergs said...

How fun! I'm the same way with Sophie's dance class....we can be a kid all over again!

The Scotts said...

I can't wait to see her tumbling!! Be sure to take pics!