Thursday, September 6, 2007

Busy Weekend

Mommy and Alexis smile for the camera
Alexis loves to be in the drivers seat

Catching a cat nap before the thunderbirds fly over


Sorry that I've been slow at updating my blog. We had a busy weekend this past week. Lots of things to do in Cleveland. On Saturday as you all know, college football got off to a bang. Since there is a new big ten channel that is going to be broadcasting several games this year, I (for some ungodly reason don't have that channel and I even live in the freakin state of Ohio) had to go and find the game at a bar. I wouldn't have been complaining as much a few years ago when I didn't have a toddler to entertain, especially near nap time. So we were able to take in the first three quarters and then had to leave before Alexis had a true melt down. We even made it home to hear the great news that Michigan had lost. My weekend was off to a great start by now. Later that evening, Dean and I went with some friends to the Indians game. The Tribe has been playing well and are in the hunt for a playoff spot, maybe even winning their division. We had a great time and the Indians won too.
On Sunday, the air show was in town and we decided to take Alexis since she loves looking for airplanes. She was great and seemed to really enjoy the day. She loved being able to sit in a few helicopters and pretend like she was flying/driving. She thinks sitting in the front seat and steering is better than sliced bread. We were smart enough to bring the stroller and let Alexis get a few zzzzzzz in between shows.
On Monday, we decided to try our luck with putt putt golf with Alexis and my nephew Andrew. We thought they would have a good time. Lets just say we won't be going back for a few years until they are a little older. All they wanted to do was run after the balls, pick them up and place them in the hole. It made it quite difficult to keep score.
We had a fun filled weekend that seemed to fly by but enjoyed it all the same. Once Monday comes, I find myself looking forward to the weekends for some quality time with the family; you know when work doesn't get in the way. Unfortunately we didn't take too many pictures but here's a couple from the air show.

2 comments:

The Monroes said...

Good work, I wouldn't even brave put put until Naomi asks me to go! I have a hard enough time at the grocery store let alone a place with clubs, and balls all over the place! I love the pic of you and Alexis, so cute!

cpy said...

I don't know if I could do putt putt, with people behind you pushing you along! We do Tim's course, but I'm afraid she is going to say she's ready for the range!