Sunday, March 21, 2010

Emily's Christening


Emily at the beginning of the ceremony with her
Nona and Nono. (godparents) She wasn't in too
bad of a mood yet.


Emily usually likes naked time, however she wasn't
sure what she was in for. She soon found out and
didn't like it one bit. Mommy had to step in a try
and calm her before the "bath".


"Mommy what are they doing to me"? She didn't
care for the full submersion.


Alexis was part of the ceremony and got to carry
a candle. She wanted to make sure no one was
going to be watching her though. That was the only
way she said she would help.


I'm really not so sure about this!!!!!!


Now I really want my mommy!!!!!!!


It really is something. Emily has become so
clingy lately that it's mommy or nobody. Let us
just say that she is ready for this to be over and
she wants her mommy.


See......Now I'm all better. I told you that all I
wanted was my mommy. Doesn't she look so
sweet and innocent?


Dean and I with Emily and her new godparents,
Arthur and Eva.



Last weekend we had Emily baptized. The ceremony was beautiful and went very smoothly.
That is other than having Emily scream the entire 45 minutes. Some people say that it's good to have the baby cry during the baptism because it lets the devil out. I say that is great and all but it's tough to just stand there and watch your kid scream and not be able to do anything about it. I think it would have been funny if we passed out ear plugs at the beginning of the ceremony since I could have bet that Emily was not going to like the ceremony at all. For one thing, someone other than mommy has to hold her the entire time. Secondly, I have to get naked, have oil rubbed all over me, get completely dunked in a big bathtub and then put a big gown on. All this without having my mommy hold me. Lets just say that she made it through the ceremony just fine and seemed pretty relieved to be done. The pictures above are a true showing of just how everything panned out.

No comments: