Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I know....Finally!!!

Ok Ok......I know I have been really bad about blogging lately. I have every intention of putting a new story or subject in and then something comes up. Lame excuse right??? Anyway lets see....what have we been up to? Well my pregnancy is progressing relatively quickly. I've only got about 6 weeks to go. Hard to believe but I am definitely ready for this one to be over. I have been much more uncomfortable this time around. I even had to break down and buy one of those belly bands to try and give me a little more support. I mean some days I am not even able to walk. I was beginning to wonder how long I was going to be able to work. I'm really trying to hold out for as long as I can. Anyway, we still need to do a lot to get the room ready. Dean has been so busy lately that I have to take a back seat with all of his other projects. I hate waiting but I guess at this point I don't have a choice. I mean I'm pretty much useless at this point. I will definitely keep you better posted as the date of arrival comes closer.
As for Alexis......she's been quite the busy little girl. We tried a bout at soccer this spring but didn't have any luck. Lets just say that my daughter has a mind of her own and won't let you or anyone else change it. Soccer was supposed to last 8 weeks but we only made it through 2. The last game that she "played" in she spent in the middle of the field with her arms crossed pouting. It was kind of funny because you've got all of these girls running after the ball right past Alexis as she stands there and watches. When we asked her why she wasn't playing or didn't want to play anymore, she said that she didn't like when the other girls took the ball away from her. I guess she didn't really understand the whole concept of the game. When I think about it it makes sense. We spend toddler years telling them to share and not take things away from other kids. I guess it can be confusing for a young one. Needless to say, we didn't waste any more of our Saturday mornings at the field watching Alexis do nothing. Oh and we did get this game on video. I'm sure it will be priceless as she gets older.
We've been spending a great deal of time up at the pool so far this summer. Alexis is fearless this year as long as she's wearing her swimmies. Last weekend she was jumping off the diving board all by herself. It's a good thing because I'm not following her off and I sure can't wade in the water that long. I think I may sink.
Dean has been busy busy lately. I think I see him less now than when he was flying. I guess that's a good thing since he makes nothing unless he's working. He's become quite the carpenter lately. It seems like he's got a new job every week. If anyone is looking for any furniture let me know. I'm always trying to "pimp" him out as much as I can. HeHe.
I guess that about catches you guys up a little with what we've been up to lately. I will do my best to stay up on my blog. I will even try to get some more pictures up soon too. I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their summers.

4 comments:

The Monroes said...

yeah, we have missed you. I cannot wait to see you and the family soon!

Meemee said...

Whew, I thought you'd ditched your blog! Are you sure Alexis saw any of the soccer game that day? I recall it that she had her arms over her eyes...heehee. It sure was funny.

Miss you guys and can't wait to see you in August! Hold out for a bit longer, sweetie. :)

The Scotts said...

We've missed you!!

The Tuckers said...

Yeahhh a post, now pictures please!