Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Appointment

Well I had my first doctor appointment today. It seems like so long ago when I had to do this the first time. Everything is going well. I was able to hear the heartbeat today which I find pretty exciting. I have read what they say about the heart rate and by the "sounds" of things, I feel as though I'll be having another girl. I know you can't believe all those old wives tales but they were right last time. This time she said it was around 167 which seems so fast. Time will tell and since I'm not very patient I will have to find out what I'm having as soon as I am able. After my appointment I had to run down to the lab and give about a third of my blood. Why on earth do they need so much stinking blood. I felt like I was going to pass out just watching them. I would think by now I would be a little better at this whole giving blood thing. Anyway, just trying to take it easy and stay "warm" these days. I'll continue to keep everyone posted. Oh and I'll try to keep up with the "belly pictures" Candace. I'm not sure that I want to remember those though.

3 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Stay warm and be careful...I can't even imagine what it is like up there!

The Monroes said...

So exciting! I loved hearing the heartbeat, made it seem even more REAL right? I will be thinking of you often and hoping it is a wonderful pregnancy and PLEASE...I KNOW you are one of THOSE pregnant ladies that I am totally envious of, super cute with a little bump!

The Quisenberrys said...

Looking forward to following your pregnancy through the blog. Keep us posted. Congratulations again!