Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ice Skating

Dean and I took Alexis ice skating for the first time last weekend. We had a blast and Alexis did fairly well once she realized she wasn't able to walk on the ice like she's walking on the ground. We went up to our rec center where Alexis takes gymnastics. They have open skating every weekend in the winter. It really reminded me of all those times I went roller skating back home as a kid. They had music playing and everyone was skating around the rink in a circle. Just like old times. They did leave the lights on though and they hadn't started the hokey pokey yet by the time we were leaving. HeHe. I think ice skating may be a little more dangerous than roller skating. I had forgotten how uncomfortable ice skates are though. I did not wear high enough socks so I had blisters on my ankles. Unfortunately Alexis didn't have high socks either. Oh well. You should have seen the little skates in Alexis's size. How cute were those. Here are some pictures of our evening.

Alexis holding on for dear life.

Daddy doing a little teaching.

Look mommy, all by myself!!!!

Using a cone for a little extra support.

Taking the easy way around the rink. This was
by far her favorite way to get around.

4 comments:

Meemee said...

Awww! Did they give her the double-blade skates? Do they still have those??

The Scotts said...

How fun!! Alexis looks so tall and grown up.

The Monroes said...

I am excited to take Naomi this winter, so thanks for the high socks tip! Looks like so much fun (at least for a little while!)

Alexis said...

I have never heard of double blade skates meemee but that would have helped out a little with the whole balance thing.