Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I hate weeding!!!

Ok so I really don't like to weed. Besides ironing this is my least favorite chore. When I was a kid I used to just kick the weeds around and make it look as though I had weeded. I don't know if my parents ever caught on. Since I am in my own house now I feel the need to actually pull the weeds out with my hands. Once the last weed is pulled, my back is screaming at me, my knees hurt and both of my hamstrings feel as though they have been wraped around my head. I swear I will go back to the old way of weeding soon and just buy round up.
The point of this story is this past weekend I was weeding the back yard to prepare to put in a flower bed. Well I woke up this morning with what looks like (and feels like) poison ivy all over my arm. Man I have never itched like this before. I feel like those poor kids from the movie "Overboard" who couldn't concentrate or do anything but scratch. I had to leave work early today just because I couldn't stop itching. And to top it off there is really nothing that cures poison ivy except time. Uggghhh!!!! I really think I'll be reverting back to my old way of weeding now.

1 comment:

The Monroes said...

I think that sounds like a job for DEAN...