Monday, October 22, 2007

Big girl bed

So we decided to make the jump from the toddler bed to a full size bed about a week ago. Alexis seems to have transitioned well. Instead of running into our room every night taking up half of the bed, she is actually staying put in her bed all night. The only thing that we need to do is leave her door open and every light on in the house. It's a small price to pay for a good night of sleep. I don't know what it was about the toddler bed, but she wasn't sleeping well. She seemed to have all of these night terrors about snakes and crocodiles and didn't want us to leave the room. It was pretty pitiful. The last thing she would usually say before we left was "protect me mommy". Talk about feeling guilty about leaving Alexis alone to sleep in her bed by herself. She sure knows how to make a point. Where do these kids learn these tactics. It's like they know exactly what buttons to push. Anyway, the nights are less painful and I seem a little more rested. Hopefully her excitement about her new bed will last for a while.

4 comments:

The Monroes said...

Wow, good girl Alexis...your own big girl bed! Oh and I am convinced that kids are born with the manipulation manual. How else would they know exactly what to say when? I love the "protect me mommy", this means if something happens it is YOUR fault.

The Tuckers said...

Megs,
Just discovered your blog... Can't believe how beautiful Alexis and of course she is extra fabulous because we share the same b-day... I can't remember any body else's b-day but mine and now hers. Now that she has gone to the big bed, I think it is time for another baby..... she likes babies!

the youngbergs said...

What fun! I was so sad when Sophie moved to a big girl bed....thank goodness she was so happy about it!!!

OSU 98 said...

"Protect me mommy" - hilarious. However, I still have the irriational fear that the boogie man in under my bed, so Alexis' fears seem perfectly reasonable to me.