Thursday, April 19, 2007

I do it Mommy


For the past few weeks, we have been at the "I do it myself mommy" stage. Alexis cannot have any help with anything or all hell breaks loose. I guess they call this the Independent stage. She has to walk down the stairs, up the stairs, back down the stairs, zip up her coat, put on her shoes, brush her teeth. She is even starting to take off her clothes; and occassionaly put them back on. It's only a matter of time before she's running the streets naked. I guess it does help with potty training though. (Why didn't anyone tell me how fun potty training would be) Her favorite thing to do lately is drive our cars. Ok not really. But she does love to sit in the front seat and push all of the buttons. Everytime we get in the car, it's "mommy I drive". It's hard to keep breaking her heart and tell her no, not this time honey. With all of this independence, it is nice when she picks up her broom and starts cleaning the floor. Next I'm going to teach her to dust. I hate dusting.

2 comments:

cpy said...

Isn't this a fun stage? Everything takes 10 times longer, you realize her shoes were on the wrong feet AFTER you get home, she insists on wearing mismatched everything.... so fun, so fun!

The Monroes said...

Let her drive! You and Dean will have a designated driver for at least another 15 years!!