Monday, April 23, 2007

I can't turn around

Why is it that whenever I need to leave the room for a moment, Alexis decides to unleash her wrath. I sware she is a tornado. We call her the "destroyer" around here. I mean she moves 100 miles an hour and doesn't know the meaning of "cleaning up". I try to make it a game by singing the clean up song but when that doesn't work I have to use bribery. I don't like to think that I have to bribe my daughter to get her to listen to me but you gotta do what you gotta do right? Sometimes I have to laugh because I spend half of my afternoons after work following her around cleaning up. I didn't realize I was so anal about a clean house. I guess I need to realize that the only time my house will be clean is nap time or after she goes to bed. Well I guess there are worse things.

2 comments:

The Monroes said...

Nothing wrong with bribery in my book!

cpy said...

I am dying...after living with you for three years (a huge highlight in my life, I might add!), I can totally see you following Alexis around picking up!