Sunday, July 15, 2007

Potty training help

I need some advice from you moms out there who have potty trained children or who don't and have an idea of how to do this. I keep thinking Alexis is ready. I mean she goes on the potty, but only when she wants to. Lately, she has been throwing a tantrum every time I mention the word potty. I have been bribing her with m&m's lately and now I have even resorted myself to having a goody bag full of high sugar candy. I once said I would never give my children this many sweets because I didn't want their teeth to fall out. At this point, I am ready to buy her a car if she at least sits on the toilet. Am I really trying too hard? Everyone says they'll go when they're ready. I did sit back and think about how nice it is when we do go shopping or stop by the store really fast that I don't have to worry about finding a restroom. I guess I should just relax about the potty situation and just let it happen when she's ready.

6 comments:

david santos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Monroes said...

I don't know who David Santos is, but I think he would tell you to let her be little and it will all happen when the time is right...that being said I will be checking back when people really respond!

The Scotts said...

LOL!!! Natalie, you crack me up. Who is David Santos? LOL I know I am a far ways from potty training, but I will definitely look at this for suggestions.

caxline said...

Wish I could offer words of wisdom...but potty training sucks - although my friends with girls had a much easier time. Personally, unless she has some activity that she absolutely has to be potty trained for, I would wait until she shows more signs of being interested and doing it herself. She'll get it eventually - I don't remember any of my friends in college wearing diapers!

The Monroes said...

UMMM, to counter what Candace said...I think Alexis' mommy should have worn diapers in college.. well at least once. Oh and where did my buddy David Santos go?

cpy said...

Sophie regressed the same way after a little while. I think it's their way of letting you know they are in control!!! She'll definitely get it; in the meantime, they like to teach us a lesson in patience! Don't worry!