Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Florida Trip

So Alexis, Dean and I made a trip down to Naples this past weekend to see Nana and Papa and Uncle Todd. We had a great time; too quick of course. We went to the beach and went swimming in the pool. Alexis was getting very brave by the end of the weekend jumping in the water almost by herself. I really need to pay attention because I turn around and she's ready to go again. Swimmies have been working well for us thus far. I remember last year at this time. Alexis would wear the swimmies on her arms and her face would just fall forward in the water. I think she's starting to get this whole "swimming" thing. I've beem debating on whether or not to start swim lessons with her. If not this year, maybe next. The airplane trip wasn't "too" bad. On the way down, Alexis had her own seat which made traveling a little easier. I didn't realize how quickly you can go through 10 different new activities. Here I'm trying to be a good mom and entertain my daughter with new coloring books and stickers and all she wants to play with is the vomit bag. I really wanted to pull my hair out. It was nice to share the duties with Dean though because on the way back, Alexis and I had to share a seat in the middle in a row that doesn't recline because of an exit row. We were between two women that didn't seem too thrilled to be next to a child. Sometimes I wonder what these people expect you to do with a toddler in such a confined space. Anyway, we ended up making our way back to Cleveland and back to work today. We had a great time and look forward to visiting Nana and Papa again soon.

4 comments:

The Monroes said...

I am frightened to take a trip on a plane with Naomi, fear of people getting angry at me for not being able to entertain my kid the entire time. Sounds like a fun trip, post some pictures!! I am sure Alexis had a blast in the pool.

cpy said...

I totally feel for you. The heat that radiates in my body when I feel everyone on the plane is annoyed with me and my daughter....omg, I hate it!!! And I am totally willing to buy out a toy store if I knew it meant she'd sit still....but, I was in the same boat as you, 10 activities done before the fasten seat belt light even flickered off. Traveling is a brand new game with kids!!!

OSU 98 said...

As a more seasoned traveler than I would like to be, I have only ever really been annoyed once by a GRANDPRENT on an airplane. She kept squeaking this toy in front of her granddaughter, right behind my head. I still hear the squeak as I write this...

The Scotts said...

Can't wait to go to Ohio in September and December with a newborn! All of these wonderful stories I hear makes me sooo anxious!!! LOL